Course Overview: The Effective Conflict Resolution Using the Agreement Frame course is designed to provide participants with practical strategies and techniques for resolving conflicts in various professional and personal settings. Through interactive discussions, case studies, and experiential exercises, participants will learn how to effectively manage and navigate conflicts by utilizing the Agreement Frame approach. This course is eligible for 2 Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
- Understand the principles and concepts of conflict resolution.
- Learn to identify different conflict styles and their impact on resolution outcomes.
- Develop effective communication and active listening skills for conflict resolution.
- Explore the Agreement Frame approach as a powerful tool for resolving conflicts.
- Practice applying the Agreement Frame in real-life conflict scenarios.
- Gain insights into managing emotions and maintaining professionalism during conflicts.
- Learn strategies for finding common ground and building win-win solutions.
- Develop techniques for handling difficult conversations and managing resistance.
- Understand the role of empathy and perspective-taking in conflict resolution.
- Reflect on personal conflict resolution styles and areas for growth.
Course Outline: Module 1: Introduction to Conflict Resolution
- Definition and types of conflicts
- The importance of conflict resolution skills
- The impact of unresolved conflicts on individuals and organizations
Module 2: Conflict Styles and Communication
- Understanding different conflict styles
- Effective communication techniques for conflict resolution
- Active listening skills and their role in resolving conflicts
Module 3: The Agreement Frame Approach
- Overview of the Agreement Frame model
- Applying the Agreement Frame in conflict resolution
- Building mutual understanding and exploring win-win solutions
Module 4: Managing Emotions and Difficult Conversations
- Emotion regulation during conflicts
- Techniques for handling difficult conversations
- Dealing with resistance and defensiveness
Module 5: Empathy and Perspective-Taking
- The role of empathy in conflict resolution
- Perspective-taking exercises and their benefits
- Fostering empathy to promote resolution and understanding
Module 6: Applying the Agreement Frame in Practice
- Case studies and real-life scenarios
- Role-playing exercises to practice the Agreement Frame
- Feedback and reflections on applying the techniques
Module 7: Personal Growth and Continuous Improvement
- Self-assessment of conflict resolution styles
- Identifying areas for personal growth
- Strategies for continuous improvement in conflict resolution skills
Course Format: The Effective Conflict Resolution Using the Agreement Frame course is delivered in a blended format, combining in-person workshops and online learning materials. The course spans two days, with a total of 16 hours of instruction. Participants will engage in group discussions, case studies, role-playing exercises, and self-reflection activities. Online resources, including video lectures, readings, and interactive quizzes, will be available for participants to access before and after the in-person sessions.
Assessment and Certification: Participants will be assessed through active participation in class discussions, completion of online quizzes, and a final reflective assignment. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible for 2 Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
Note: The course description and outline are subject to adjustment based on the instructor’s discretion and participant needs.