The course provides the knowledge, skills, and ethical reasoning necessary to enter the job market as a legal secretary / Legal Assistants. Students will study topics as legal terminology; legal process; jurisdiction and venue; ethics; written communications including letters, pleadings, discovery, notices, and motions; filing procedures, legal research; memoranda preparation, and citation format.
Duration: 12-weeks, Self-paced Instructor Guided.
Credits: 3 Semester hours in paralegal studies, 4.5 CEUs,
Legal Secretary / Legal Assistant certificate course is designed to prepare you as a Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant. Paralegals, sometimes called Legal Assistants, work in law firms, government agencies, business corporations, and nonprofits - anywhere that a lawyer may need assistance.
The course provides the knowledge, skills, and ethical reasoning necessary to enter the job market as a legal secretary / Legal Assistant. Students will study topics such as legal terminology; legal process; jurisdiction and venue; ethics; written communications including letters, pleadings, discovery, notices, and motions; filing procedures, legal research; memoranda preparation, and citation format.
Who will benefit:
Adult learners as affordable and convenient credentialing options that meet their job-seeking goals in a short span of time. Undergraduate and graduate college career professionals who seek work in the legal profession even while pursuing graduate or law school. It also benefits experienced secretaries who are interested in improving their skills and working more efficiently within the law office.
Successful graduates of this course will be awarded a "Certificate of Completion". College Credits transcripts provided with application request for academic credits.
Textbooks: Paralegal Today, 7ed. | E-Textbook Provided
- Legal Secretary Course Introduction 00:11:40
- Legal Secretary /Legal Assistant Introduction FREE 01:00:00
- Module 1: Reading & Assignment -The Paralegal Profession | Career Opportunities 00:00:00
- The Paralegal Profession | Career Opportunities 00:32:00
- Paralegal Today Chap 1- Quiz 02:10:00
- Legal Sec – Week 2 Reading Assignment 00:00:00
- The Inner Working of the Law Office 00:00:00
- Law Office Ethical Responsibilities 00:00:00
- Paralegal Today Chap 3 And 4 Quiz 02:00:00
- Legal Writing: Form and Writing – Reading and Assignments 00:00:00
- Legal Sec – Legal Writing 00:00:00
- Paralegal Today Chap 9 Quiz 01:00:00
- Civil Litigation: Before the Trial 00:00:00
- Paralegal Today Chapter 10 Lecture- Civil Litigation 00:00:00
- Paralegal Today Chapter 10 Quiz 01:10:00
- Legal Sec | Criminal law Unlimited
- Paralegal Today Chapter 13 – Criminal Procedure Lecture 00:00:00
- Trial Procedures | Criminal Law and Procedures 00:00:00
- Quiz – Chap 13 Criminal Law 02:00:00
- Legal Sec | Chap, 15, 16,17 Unlimited
- Family Law, Wills, Trusts, and Estates 00:00:00
- Contracts and Intellectual Property Law | Business Organizations and Employment Law 00:00:00
- Paralegal Final Exam 03:20:00
No class listing = Open Enrollment