This nine-week intensive course is designed to develop students in Employment Law Mediators Conflict Dispute Resolution venues. This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills essential to serve as employment mediators. A comprehensive blend of substantive employment law and training in the mediation process and skills prepares participants to become qualified mediators for employment disputes.
Credits: 3 semester hours in business administration, 4.5 CEUs
Employment/Labor Law Mediation is eligible for 4 CEU Credits (IACET Standards). Students taking the course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the Alternative Dispute Resolution Academy. This nine-week intensive course is designed to develop students in Employment Law Mediators Conflict Dispute Resolution venues. This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills essential to serve as employment mediators. A comprehensive blend of substantive employment law and training in the mediation process and skills prepares participants to become qualified mediators for employment disputes.
ADRA offers online courses for teachers that are the ultimate in convenience. Whether for salary advancement or recertification, ADRA offers you the best in continuing education.
Courses taken solely for professional development (college credits not included) can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (be sure to check with your district/state to determine eligibility). Participants receive a Certificate of Completion listing the course title and number of professional development hours.
Courses taken for professional development college credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official Transcript.
The program has 3 parts: The first 4 modules focus on substantive employment and labor laws. The remaining 5 modules focus on meditation practices and related rules and policies. The course ends with practical exercises and a final quiz.
· Part I: Law that is applicable to employment and relevant case law
· Part II: Mediation, then in-depth role-playing to help you learn and practice the skills to facilitate the process.
· Part III: Practical exercises and testing
Employment Law Overview: Familiarization with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act., Americans with Disabilities Act, Family, and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Whistleblower discrimination, Employment Mediation Process.
The Mediation Process: Familiarization with Pre-Mediation (Intake & Screening), Opening Session, Caucuses, Exploring Interests Working through Impasse, Framing the Settlement, Practice Development, Approach, and Features.
Employment And Labor Law, Patrick Chihon and James Castagnera 9Ed.
- Employment Labor Law Course Instructor’s Welcome Message FREE 00:00:00
- Employment Mediation Course Outline and Expectation Discussion Webinar 00:00:00
- Module 1. Employment Law Overview, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 01:01:00
- Reading Assignment Module 1 00:00:00
- Employment Law Module 1 Instructor Overview Reading Lecture 00:00:00
- Employment Labor Mediation Module Quiz 1. 00:50:00
- Module 2. Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA 00:00:00
- Module 2 Employment Labor Law Mediation- Video 2 00:00:00
- Module 2 Reading Assignment Employment Labor Law Mediation 00:00:00
- Module 2- Employment Law Mediation Instructor Lecture 1 00:00:00
- Module 2. Employment Law Mediation Instructor overview Read Assignment Lecture 2 00:00:00
- Quiz Employment Law Age Discrimination 00:50:00
- Module 2. Employment Labor Law Mediation Live Discussion 00:00:00
- Module 4. Chapter One– Introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution 00:00:00
- Module 4 – Reading Assignment -Introduction to ADR and Negotiation 00:00:00
- Module 4. Employment Law Mediation Video 2 00:00:00
- Module 3 and 4 – Live Discussion Employment Labor Mediation Discussion 00:00:00
- Module 6. Drafting the Mediation Agreement. 00:00:00
- Module 6. Reading Assignment – Drafting the Agreement 00:00:00
- Module 6; Employment Labor Law Mediation Agreement Assignment Video 00:00:00
- Quiz Employment Labor Law Mediation Module 4,5,6. 00:50:00
No class listing = Open Enrollment