JOB OUTLOOK FOR MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALISTS
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical billing and coding specialists earn an average annual salary of $40,350 and work in one of the fastest-growing professions.
- The BLS also estimates that at least 27,000 new jobs will be needed in this profession in the next 6 years.
ONLINE MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING TRAINING OBJECTIVESLearn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures.
- Be fully prepared to sit for the CPC exam, offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Learn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures
- Gain hands-on billing experience with medical billing and coding software
- Externship Starter Kit to help you gain valuable experience in the field
- Medical Biller standalone option for those who aren’t interested in Medical Coding