Strategies for Including Children with Special Needs in Early Childhood Settings prepares participants to utilize effective intervention strategies for working with children with special needs in early childhood education programs. Course topics will include adaptations and accommodations, Individual Education Plans, inclusive practices, and working with additional support professionals in the classroom. Best practices and developmentally appropriate curriculum strategies will be the focus.
Duration: Self-paced | Instructor Guided | 6-months time frame.
Credits: 45 Clock Hours | 45 PDUs | 4.5 CUEs
Courses taken for professional development college credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an Official Transcript.
ADRA offers online courses for teachers that are the ultimate in convenience. Whether for salary advancement or recertification, ADRA offers you the best in continuing education. Courses taken solely for professional development (college credits not included) can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (be sure to check with your district/state to determine eligibility). Participants receive a Certificate of Completion listing the course title and number of professional development hours.
Participants will learn practical, hands-on- ideas for accommodating young children with disabilities in all areas of the curriculum. Adaptations are offered by activity rather than by disability, and the focus is on embedding instruction within daily routines. Participants will learn to effectively support children with a variety of high-incidence disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, autism, visual impairment, hearing loss, and behavioral challenges.
Strategies for Including Children with Special Needs in Early Childhood Settings
Ruth E. Cook, Ph.D/Anne Marie Richardson-Gibbs, M.A./Laurie Nielsen
- Chapter 1: The Origin and Dimensions of Quality Inclusion Unlimited
- SFICWSN Chapter 2: Instructional Strategies Supporting the Inclusion of Young Children with Special Needs 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 3: Adaptations for Children with Specific Disabilities 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 6: Monitoring Individual Child Progress 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 8: Engaging Children with Special Needs in Free Play 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 10: Tabletop Activities 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 12: Mealtimes 00:00:00
- SFICWSN Chapter 15: Collaborating with Disability Specialists and Paraprofessionals 00:00:00
No class listing = Open Enrollment