The Rule Follows;
61E14-4.001 Continuing Education Renewal Requirements.
(1) All community association manager licensees must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education. Each hour shall consist of 50 minutes of student involvement in approved classroom, correspondence, interactive, distance education or internet courses which courses shall include the required hours at an approved update seminar. No license shall be renewed unless the licensee has completed the required continuing education during the preceding licensing period.
(2) Only continuing education courses approved by the Council shall be valid for purposes of licensee renewal.
(3) The 20 hours of continuing education shall be comprised of courses approved pursuant to Rule 61E14-4.003, F.A.C., in the following areas:
(a) 4 hours of legal update seminars. Licensees shall satisfactorily complete a 2-hour legal update seminar during each year of the biennial renewal period. The legal update seminars shall consist of instruction regarding changes to Chapters 455, 468, Part VIII, 617, 718, 719, and 721, F.S., and other legislation, case law, and regulations impacting community association management. Licensees shall not be awarded continuing education credit for completing the same legal update seminar more than once even if the seminars were taken during different years.
(b) 4 hours of instruction on insurance and financial management topics relating to community association management.
(c) 4 hours of instruction on the operation of the community association’s physical property.
(d) 4 hours of instruction on human resources topics relating to community association management. Human resources topics include, but are not limited to, disaster preparedness, employee relations, and communications skills for effectively dealing with residents and vendors.
(e) 4 hours of additional instruction in any area described in paragraph (3)(b), (c) or (d) of this rule or in any course or courses directly related to the management or administration of community associations.
(4) No licensee will receive credit, for purposes of meeting the continuing education requirement, for completing the same continuing education course more than once during a biennial renewal period.
(5) Course instructors may receive continuing education credit hours in the amount of hours approved by the Council for licensees only once every renewal period for each approved course taught by the instructor.
(6) Anyone licensed for more than 24 months at renewal time will be required to have complied with the CE requirements set forth in subsection (1), above, prior to renewal. More than 24 months, means 24 months plus 1 day. Licensees licensed for 24 months or less at renewal time are exempt from compliance with the CE requirements set forth in subsection (1), above, until the end of the next renewal cycle.
(7) A licensee shall retain, and make available to the Department and its representatives upon request, continuing education course certificates of completion that comply with paragraph 61-6.015(4)(a), F.A.C., for three years following course completion.
(8) All licensees shall comply with all applicable provisions of subsections 61-6.015(2) and (3), F.A.C.
Specific Authority 455.2123, 455.2124, 468.4315(2), 468.4336, 468.4337 FS. Law Implemented 455.2123, 455.2124, 468.4336, 468.4337 FS. History–New 5-5-88, Amended 3-22-89, 2-5-91, 12-28-92, Formerly 7D-55.008, 61B-55.008, Amended 10-18-99, 3-13-00, 2-21-01, 7-21-03, 4-25-05, 2-28-07, Formerly 61-20.508.